UPDATE: Baby allegedly bashed by father dies in hospital

UPDATE:
Nanjing Night Net

POLICE have confirmed a 15-year-old boy charged over the alleged assault of his newborn baby could have his charges upgraded pending the results of a post mortem.

The boy’s baby boy died on Monday after a nine-day battle on life support at Princess Margaret Hospital.

The 15-year-old biological father had already been charged with aggravated grievous bodily harm and will reappear in court on February 28.

“Following the death yesterday evening in PMH of the baby boy who was allegedly assaulted on February 15, Major Crime Squad officers will continue their inquiries into the matter,” the police statement read.

The 15-year-old remains in custody at Banskia Hill Detention Centre with a bail application expected to be made at his next court appearance.

——

A BABY boy allegedly bashed by his 15-year-old biological father has died at Princess Margaret Hospital on Monday.

A baby allegedly bashed by his 15-year-old father has died today at Princess Margaret Hospital.

The baby was assaulted at Bunbury Regional Hospital on February 15, allegedly by his father after the baby boy’s mother went to heat up some food.

The baby boy was airlifted to Princess Margaret Hospital that night andhad been on life support since the incident but sadly died earlier today.

The 15-year-old, a child himself, appeared in Bunbury Children’s Court via video link from Banksia Hill Detention Centre on February 17 to face charges of grievous bodily harm in circumstances of aggravation.

He was not required to plea and the matter was adjourned to February 28.

The mother’s family has spoken out about how the tragedy was able to unfold.

“We just want to know what happened and how it happened,” the newborn’s maternal grandfather told Radio 6PR last week.

“I want to know how come that boy was allowed back in.”

Child Protection Minister Helen Morton said she was saddened to hear of the baby’s death

“I am saddened to hear the tragic news that the baby boy injured in Bunbury last weekend has now passed away,” she said.

“I would like to extend my sympathy and condolences to this child’s family at this very difficult time.

“The department continues to work with the family and is providing the support services to help them at this very difficult time.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments are closed.